TRANSLATE

September 21, 2015

Closed for Restoration

A few years ago a scrappy friend of mine encouraged me to take a class called "Soul Restoration" through Brave Girls Club.  At the time, I didn't quite understand what the class was all about.  With three kids in scouts, sports and robotics, our funds tend to go toward activities for our children.  After that first MOMSnext steering meeting, I contacted my friend and asked her a little more about Brave Girls Club.  We messaged back and forth about it and I considered it - but I wasn't yet sold on the idea.  I just didn't know what to expect and didn't have a clue how life-changing Brave Girls Club courses could be.

A couple of weeks went by and Brave Girls Club offered a compilation class called "Brave Girl Summer Art School."  It was a combination of two classes that Melody Ross and her team had previously developed.  I was excited about this compilation class and became a student.

I loved how the classes focused on art techniques and my desire to learn new techniques kept me coming back daily.  But the overall theme of the class, learning to accept myself for who I am, addressing old fears and learning to face the world with bravery through art and journaling was truly the message I needed to hear.  I finally closed myself for restoration.


My process of facing old hurts began.  I did add "Soul Restoration" into my course list, along with many others.  The courses I have taken have drastically changed who I have become, and they continue to change me today.

Note: All of Melody Ross' Brave Girls Club classes are now available through a single monthly subscription through Brave Girl University.

No comments: